Open letter to the Surgeon General’s Prevention Advisory Group at email@example.com
July 13, 2013
(Hey, I expect a lot more from my government than they are doing.)
After reading from your web site, you state ‘there is no definitive evidence yet…”, therefore you call for more studies.
Are you kidding? Are you blind?
Pick ANY topic, say obesity.
1. Exercise doesn’t work to reduce obesity. (The calories burned in an hour don’t come near a cheeseburger and fries.)
2. As refined sugar was introduced to the Western World, obesity soon followed. Now, biochemistry is catching up to the reasons why. Among other things, Fructose is hepatotoxic.
3. By 2030, 1/2 of all Americans will be diabetic.
Or say food toxins.
1. Your own FDA still allows BPA (among many others) to be present in food stuffs.
2. Antibiotics are still fed to well animals. Your own USDA inspectors palpate livers for cancers caused by this practice. If there are two many, the animal gets two stamps and is on its way to the pet food line. Further, feed lots are breeding grounds for antibiotic resistant bacteria such as MRSA.
3. You still allow trans-fats to be sold as a food additive. This alone is responsible for over 100,000 heart attack deaths in the US.
Your response to these problems (and many others) is idiotic, weak, and feckless. You should be deeply ashamed.
Signed – My name, address, and phone number
I received this reply
Thank you for your interest and support of the National Prevention Council and Advisory Group.
The next Advisory Group on Prevention, Health Promotion, and Integrative and Public Health (the “Advisory Group”) will be held on July 15, 2013 from 12-2 PM. The meeting will be open to the public and will be held via teleconference.
Topics for discussion include the status of the Advisory Group’s third set of recommendations, updates from the working groups and draft agenda for the next Advisory Group meeting that is planned to be held on September 26-27, 2013.
The agenda and information to join meeting by teleconference will be posted on the following website on week prior to the meeting. http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/initiatives/prevention/advisorygrp/index.html
. Please check this link for information on how to access the meeting.
Finally, please respond to this email if you wish to speak for 3 minutes during the public comment period of the meeting.
Alternatively, if you are contacting us for hard copies of the National Prevention Strategy or Council Action Plan, please note they are not available at this time, but you can download copies from www.surgeongeneral.gov/initiatives/prevention
Me. I see computers can’t read yet. They are thanking me for calling them out.